LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
ARCADIA, Fla.- While thousands gathered for the 88th annual All Florida Championship Rodeo in Arcadia Sunday, many got a surprise visit from a former Republican hopeful.
“At first I thought it was a joke,” said Donald Smith. “Because we had just come to the rodeo for the first time. When he said it, I was kind of excited.”
Sarah Palin visited the rodeo, hitting the campaign trail for the first time since she ran for vice president alongside John McCain in 2008.
Now, she’s vying for support for Republican front runner Donald Trump.
“It’s refreshing to get to talk to his supporters,” said Palin. “As well as those who maybe aren’t quite knowing what he’s all about and what his intentions are for our country, to get to explain to them more about his good message and his intentions for America.”
She welcomed fans, shook hands and was open to answering plenty of questions on her support for the “outsider.”
Asked what inspired her decision to publicly endorse Trump, Palin said, “it was really easy, once you start to realizing that the other candidates truly have been part of the problem… So to have an outsider who’s gonna undo a lot of that stuff that they’ve done to us, it’s easy to say ‘Yeah, Trump is the one, he’s the only one who is that outsider.'”
The former Alaska governor also seemingly denounced any plans to seek a spot as Trump’s running mate, telling the press “well, tried that once before.”
Palin was met with plenty of her former supporters, who all say they were excited to get to meet the advocate.
“I was a fan of hers when she was running for vice president with McCain,” said Connie Murphy. “She’s a gutsy lady and I also think she ought to be Trump’s running mate, because with a gutsy lady and a gutsy president we could change this country.”
Palin was the first of many Republicans to back Trump’s campaign. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has also endorsed Trump since he dropped out of the 2016 race, along with Dr. Ben Carson, who announced his support last week.
While Palin received overwhelming support at the Rodeo, we asked some Trump fans what they think her endorsement does for the Trump ticket.
“I think it can do one of two things, it can really help it, or it can really hurt it.” said Donald Smith. “She has attracted a lot of the gun right supporters, a lot of the middle class and she also attracts the women who are looking to see women progress in politics.”
After a short meet and greet with fans, Palin awarded the winners of the Mutton Busting competition.
Palin also made an appearance at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City shortly afterwards, while Trump was also in the Sunshine State, campaigning in Boca Raton.
Trump will continue rallying in Florida heading to Tampa on Monday.
The Florida primary election is Tuesday, March 15.
To read this story and more, copy and paste the link below in your web browser:
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo Company 60th WNFR RecapDecember 16, 2018
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013