LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
Las Vegas , NV ( December 15, 2015 )
The dust has settled in Las Vegas as the PRCA Wrangler National Finals has drawn to a close for another record breaking year. And Frontier Rodeo Company, owned by Jerry Nelson of Winnie, TX, was top of the list bring home many of those records. On Wednesday, December 2nd, Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company was voted the prestigious award of 2015 PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year Award , by a voting membership of over 10,000. This award is the Top Honor that any stock contracting firm can hold.
As the week progressed, so did Frontier's winnings. Frontier's Saddle Bronc, "Medicine Woman" was voted the 2015 PRCA Saddle Bronc of the Year. This is her third time to win this title, winning it in 2011 and 2014. In addition to her Saddle Bronc of the Year award, Medicine Woman was voted the 2015 Saddle Bronc of the National Finals Rodeo. This was her second time to be named the Horse of the National Finals. Jacobs Crawley placed 2nd in Round 5 with a 88.5 ride pocketing just over $20,000.
Bareback horse, Full Baggage, was named the 2015 Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse adding to his World Titles in 2011 and 2013. Full Baggage was also named the 2015 Bareback Horse of the National Finals Rodeo , making it his third time to win this title. The match up between Steven Peebles and Full Baggage also took 1st place in the 8th Go Round with an 89.5 point ride. Frontier Rodeo was awarded it's first Go Round buckle of the week at the South Point buckle ceremonies following the rodeo performance.
Bareback Horse, Show Stomper was also named the Runner Up Bareback Horse of the National Finals. This is a first time for Show Stomper.
Other Frontier horses took home honors as well. Saddle Bronc Tip Off and Rusty Wright won the 7th Go Round with an 83 point ride. World Champion Taos Muncy and Frontier’s Bronc Let r Rip won the 9th Go round with an 83 point ride.
Cowboy competitor took home $200,000 in winnings on Frontier Rodeo Company livestock.
Owner of Frontier Rodeo Co, Mr. Jerry Nelson, states, "The 2015 season to me was and is still a dream. I wasn’t so shocked when we won Saddle Bronc of the year cause the guys love to get on Medicine Woman. But the Stock Contractor of the year Award just blew me away. I just never thought we had a chance at that. Then winning the top two spots in bareback of the finals, plus the saddle bronc of the finals was shocking. Lots of thanks to all the committees and contestants who come to our rodeos. When Neal Armstrong landed on the moon he said “ whenever man really tries hard enough he can succeed”. The whole crew at Frontier Rodeo has worked hard and the accolades don’t belong to me, but everybody involved in our company."
Heath Stewart, ranch manager and manager of Frontier's breeding program, resides at the Freedom, OK ranch with all of Frontier's livestock. Heath Stewart states "This is absolutely the best year that Frontier Rodeo has ever had, and now we just have to keep up the hard work and continue our success".
For more award winning information on Frontier Rodeo Company visit www.frontierrodeo.com or contact us at 866-218.5346.
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013