LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
By Kirk Copeland
Frontier Rodeo Media
Friday, April 24th
(Corpus Christi, TX.) – It took nearly two full nights, but finally late Friday, Parker Breding and Codrick Murphy had clean rides on a pair of Frontier Rodeo bulls as the Buc Days Pro Rodeo continued at American Bank Center in Corpus Christi.
The only other lead to change hands Friday was in barrel racing, where Hanna Forbes squeezed past Cassidy Kruse for the top spot in the overall standings.
The Buc Days Rodeo, which is held in conjunction with the Buccaneers Days Festival in Corpus Christi, continues Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and will conclude Sunday afternoon starting at 2:30 p.m.
After 27 riders had taken their best shots at taming the prize-winning bulls from Frontier Rodeo with no luck, Breding rode Sweet Tator to a score of 72, but paid a price in doing so. Breding got stepped on as he dismounted, suffering a vibrant bruise to his lower right leg that had the cowboy visibly hurting.
“Yea, he got me pretty good, but I hung on,” said Breding, who leaves Saturday to head to Canada for another rodeo. “I don’t know that I did anything any different than the other guys before me. I was just able to keep my grip and ride him out. I felt like it might have been a better ride (score-wise), but it wasn’t bad. Hopefully this leg won’t keep me out of anything.”
One rider later, Murphy stole the show with a breath-taking ride on Flash Card, tallying an 84 to put the Houston-native firmly in first place.
“I hadn’t ridden him before, but I knew of him,” said Murphy, who is headed to Lufkin next. “All of these bulls are tough, and he was real tough. I was really pleased with the draw to get a good bull like him, and then I was able to take advantage of that and get a good ride.”
After the second performance in barrel racing, Forbes now leads Kruse for the top spot overall. Her 13.67-second ride Friday night edged her past Kruse’s 13.70 ride Thursday. Abby Pursifull rounds out the top three going into the weekend with a time of 13.90.
Elsewhere in the 24th edition of the annual rodeo, nobody topped Jacobs Crawley’s 87 from Thursday night, but three other riders cracked the top five Friday. Bradley Harter, riding Matterhorn, and Sam Spreadborough, atop Julio, each checked in with scores of 83 to tie Josh Reynolds for second place overall, and Heith Allan DeMoss posted a 79 to sit in fifth.
Chuck Doebbler and Travis Hobbs posted Friday’s best time in team roping, but that was only good for fourth place overall in Go Round 2. Logan and Jordan Olson posted Go Round 2’s best performance with a time of 5.1 seconds, good for second place aggregate behind Caleb Mitchell and Steve Northcott. Mitchell and Northcott lead with an overall time of 11.4 seconds, followed by the Olsons at 11.6, and Pace Freed and Cody Pearson at 15.8.
In bareback riding Friday, Will Lowe posted the day’s best ride with a 78 on Billy the Kid, good enough for fifth overall. Bill Tutor, the 2012 Buc Days bareback champ, still leads overall after two performances with an 88, followed by Jake Brown (83), Steven Dent (82), Zachariah Phillips (80) and Devan Reilly (tied with Lowe at 78).
Bray Armes clocked in with a 5.7-second time in steer wrestling Friday to lead the day’s performers, but that was only good for seventh place overall after two performances. Riley Duvall and Justin Blain Davis continue to lead overall with times of 4.5 seconds each, followed by Jacob Talley at 5.0.
After the second performance in tie-down roping, only Michael Perry (9.3 seconds, good for fifth) cracked the overall top five Friday, while Joseph Gernentz still leads overall with a time of 8.0 seconds. Clay Long (8.1 seconds), Hunter Herrin (8.8) and Landyn Duncan (9.0) round out the top five.
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013