LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
ARCADIA, Fla. – This was an ideal matchup.Reigning World Champion Saddle Bronc Rider Spencer Wright faced off against Frontier Rodeo’s Medicine.
Yes, that Medicine Woman, the horse that won the 2014 Pendleton Whisky Let’er Buck Saddle Bronc Horse of the Year honor.
“I was excited,” said Wright when he drew Medicine Woman. “She is one of the best broncs in the world. I couldn’t have been more happy to have her and I thought I would go at her just like any other bronc.”
The matchup lived up to its hype.
Wright registered a career-best and a PRCA season-best 92-point ride March 15 to capture the title at the Arcadia All-Florida Championship Rodeo (March 13-15) at the Arcadia Rodeo Arena.
“That felt really good,” Wright said about his first ride aboard Medicine Woman. “She is definitely a bucker. She was as good as I thought she would be.”
When the 8-second buzzer sounded, Wright thought he was going to receive a special score.
“I know I was pretty happy when I got picked up by the pickup man,” Wright said. “I thought it was going to be in the 90s. This ride is now on top of my (career) list. It is my favorite one.”
Last season, Wright had an amazing Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, rocketing to the top of the year-end standings.
That performance was definitely life changing, but Wright has kept his feet on the ground and keeps going about his business as he was second in last week’s Windham Weaponry High Performance PRCA World Standings behind Cody DeMoss.
This weekend he collected his first three titles of the 2015 season – winning outright in Arcadia and Okeechobee, Fla., while sharing the victory with Cody DeMoss in Marshall, Texas, each scoring 80s.
“This season has gone well, I can’t complain,” Wright said. “Everything is pretty much the same. I still feel like Spencer Wright.”
Other winners at the $78,160 rodeo were all-around cowboy Bart Brunson ($1,737 in tie-down roping and team roping), bareback rider Will Lowe (87 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Delta Ship), Jake Hoffman (5.0 seconds), team ropers Clint Summers and Brad Culpepper (4.9 seconds), tie-down roper J.R. Myers (9.4 seconds), barrel racer Nicole Yost (17.49 seconds run), bull riders Cody Teel (84 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Sky High) and Jordan Sammons (84 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Lincolns Logs).
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013