LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
PASADENA, Texas – Aaron Pass and Chandler Bownds sent the Wrangler Million Dollar Tour, presented by Justin Boots, off in style.
The bull riders each posted 90-point rides to split the win at the Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo – which was the last Wrangler Million Dollar Tour event of the 2014 season.
Pass rode Frontier Rodeo’s Centerfold, while Bownds covered Frontier Rodeo’s Good Time Charlie.
The wins are extremely important to both men as the season heads into the final stretch. For Pass, the victory enabled him to move closer to the top 15 in the Windham Weaponry High Performance PRCA World Standings.
“It’s no fun to be on the bubble,” said Pass, who entered the week 17th in the world. “I’d rather be in (the NFR) already and sitting on the couch at home watching everyone else fight for a spot, but that’s not how it works. I got hurt and had to sit out for a little while, and then my baby was born (daughter Lakelynn, on June 7), so I took about a month off. I’m confident things are going to work out these next few weeks for me to be in the top 15.”
Pass’ 90-pointer on Centerfold – and resulting check for $4,126 – only happened after some bad luck on his first bull turned into a golden ticket for a big ride.
“Centerfold wasn’t the bull I originally had, and I only got him for a re-ride after my first bull fell down,” said the 25-year-old Pass. “I knew Centerfold was good, and I was pumped to get him because I rode him earlier this year in Jackson (Miss.) and was 89 points. It was just meant to be that I was able to ride him, and it all worked out well for me.”
As Pass chases his first Wrangler National Finals Rodeo qualification, he’s kept a level head and knows it’s going to go down to the wire.
It’s all going to come down to Omaha, so if I can just stay steady this next week before Omaha, it’ll be fine,” he said. “This was really my first year of going hard and rodeoing fulltime, so making the NFR would be very nice.”
For Bownds, a two-time WNFR participant who sat 26th in the world standings at the start of the week, the $4,126 will go a long way toward giving him a shot at the WNFR.
“It’s really important to be able to win a big Tour rodeo like Pasadena,” Bownds said. “It’s a nice amount of money that will hopefully get me up there close to the top 20 and give me a chance to qualify for Omaha, and then a chance to make it to the NFR. You can win tons of money at Pasadena, Albuquerque and Omaha these last few weeks, and I’m just hoping to put myself in a position to grab some of it.”
The four-year rodeo veteran has experienced both the ups and downs that September can bring. He made it to Las Vegas in 2011 and 2013, while finishing 27th in 2012.
“You obviously want to be in that top 15 by this time of the year – like I have been in the past – but I’ve had some struggles this season,” the 23-year-old said. “I’m trying to stay confident and keep going as hard as I can, and to get as much money as I can. Being a four-year veteran makes this easier than when I was just starting, but I’d like to be closer to that 15th spot.”
Other winners at the $175,443 rodeo were all-around cowboy Josh Peek ($2,538 in tie-down roping and steer wrestling), bareback rider Ty Breuer (85 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Times Up), steer wrestler K.C. Jones (7.6 seconds on two head), team ropers Luke Brown and Kollin VonAhn (12.0 seconds on two head), saddle bronc rider Cole Elshere (86 points on Frontier Rodeo’s Griz), tie-down ropers Cody Ohl and Cody Quaney (16.9 seconds on two head each) and barrel racer Kelly Tovar (16.40 seconds).
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo Company Announced 2018 PRCA Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 11, 2018
- SLE Pro Rodeo February 27, 2017
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013