LATEST FRONTIER NEWS
SLE Pro RodeoFebruary 27, 2017
February 21, 2017
For Immediate Release
Montgomery, AL 36104
Kayla Greer Director of Communications (334) 265-1867 email@example.com
60th ANNUAL SLE RODEO BRINGS FAMILY FUN TO MONTGOMERY
MONTGOMERY, Ala. – The Southeastern Livestock Exposition (SLE) Rodeo is celebrating 60 years of family fun at Garrett Coliseum March 16-18. Families are invited to take advantage of the many great deals hosted in honor of the anniversary year by attending one of four shows hosted each night at 7 p.m. with a matinee show Saturday, March 18 at 2 p.m.
Thursday night, children ages 12 and under enter the rodeo free to enjoy the action-packed events from world-class bucking stock to freestyle bull fighting and plenty of laughs in between provided by Alabama-born-and-bred rodeo entertainer Trent McFarland. Families can find the best deal in town on Friday night with the “4 for $40” package deal where families can receive four tickets for only $40 at the gate.
Children are invited to participate in rodeo events as well. Preceding each rodeo performance (excluding the Saturday matinee) at 5:30 p.m., little cowboys and cowgirls are invited onto the dirt to ride in the Stick Horse Rodeo. Saturday, March 18 from 10 a.m. until noon children are welcome to come learn about the life of a cowboy at the Western Festival inside Garrett Coliseum. Also, following each rodeo performance, the cowboys and cowgirls will be available for autographs down on the arena dirt.
On Wednesday, March 15, the SLE will host a “Miracle Rodeo” at Garrett Coliseum, honoring a group of rodeo-tough guests, patients of Children’s Hospital. Over the years the SLE has raised over $80,000 for this worthy charity.
In addition to the many rodeo events there will be the SLE Southeast Livestock Judging Contest on Thursday, March 9 where more than 200 high school and college students will put their livestock judging skills to the test. Also happening in conjunction with SLE Livestock Week, the Junior Beef Expo will be held on March 16-18. Junior cattlemen, 4-H and FFA students have exhibited all year to qualify for the state steer and heifer shows and the state showmanship contest, which judges exhibitors on their ability to efficiently handle and show an animal. Over 200 outstanding exhibitors who started at the county and district levels will be showing their cattle for state titles.
The 60th annual SLE Rodeo isn’t just for families. True rodeo fans are in for the best bucking action east of the Mississippi.
Professional Rodeo Cowboy Association (PRCA) Top Stock Contractor of the Year Frontier Rodeo Company will be bringing its top-of-the-line bucking stock to perform, including PRCA Saddle Bronc of the Year Medicine Woman. Eight-time world champion bull rider Don Gay will host each performance, providing great insight and color commentary to each event. PRCA Freestyle Bullfighting will also provide jam-packed entertainment at each evening performance as fighting bulls from Hurricane Hookers Ranch in Louisiana will be out for blood.
Cowboys and cowgirls from all over will try to win in the National Barrel Horse Association (NBHA) Barrel Race and the Alabama High School Rodeo Association competitions taking place on opening weekend March 11-12 on Garrett Coliseum grounds. Following the big show, hundred’s will compete in the SLE Team Roping competition held March 17-19.
Rodeo events will kick off on Thursday, March 16 at 11:30 a.m. with a Rodeo Parade trailing up Dexter Avenue in Downtown Montgomery. Four wagon trains from each corner of the state will arrive in town that day to join in on the parade and to help kick off rodeo events.
The SLE Rodeo has a tremendous history as having some of the top cowboys and cowgirls competing each year for prize money on their trek to the Nationals Finals Rodeo (NFR) in Las Vegas. Many participants have been elected into the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame including some of the biggest names in rodeo, such as Jim Shoulders, Don Gay, Tom Reeves, Fred Whitfield, Ty Murray, Bruce Ford, Roy Cooper, Tuff Hedeman, Monty “Hawkeye” Henson, Butch Kirby, Tom Nesmith and Freckles Brown.
There’s plenty of family fun and western rodeo action to be had at the 2017 SLE Rodeo. For more information on the rodeo, a complete schedule of events or to learn how to buy tickets visit www.SLERodeo.com or call
Other Frontier Rodeo News
- Frontier Rodeo takes home the gold !! December 1, 2016
- Medicine Woman Does it Again !!October 24, 2016
- Don Gay to judge Big Tex Choice contest August 24, 2016
- Schlegel has career day at Cody StampedeJuly 6, 2016
- Wrights dominate saddle bronc riding at Cody StampedeJuly 5, 2016
- Final Results for Lehi RoundupJune 26, 2016
- Bennett hits right number to win Corpus ChristiApril 19, 2016
- Final Performance Results, Corpus Christi, Texas! April 17, 2016
- Results after Third Performance, Corpus Christi, TXApril 16, 2016
- Corpus Christi results after second performance April 15, 2016
- Results After First Performance, Corpus Christi, TX. April 14, 2016
- Foltyn claims Montgomery crownMarch 28, 2016
- Local Favorite, Clayton Foltyn, of Winnie, Texas Takes Home the Money in Bull RidingMarch 26, 2016
- Southeastern Livestock ExpositionMarch 19, 2016
- Arcadia All-Fla Championship RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Brown has sunny time in FloridaMarch 14, 2016
- ‘He’s the one,’ Palin campaigns for Trump at Arcadia RodeoMarch 14, 2016
- Lewis Feild: Oct. 28, 1956 – Feb. 15, 2016February 16, 2016
- 64th Annual Mid Winter Fair Rodeo WinnersJanuary 19, 2016
- Frontier Rodeo Company Named 2015 Stock Contractor of the YearDecember 21, 2015
- 2015 world champions crowned in Las VegasDecember 13, 2015
- Rusty Wright continues family’s winning legacyDecember 10, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Company Receives PRCA Stock Contractor of the Year, Saddle Bronc of the Year, Medicine Woman, and PRCA Reserve World Champion Bareback Horse of the Year, Full Baggage! December 3, 2015
- State Fair Of Louisiana Pro RodeoOctober 27, 2015
- Medicine Woman, Dirty Jacket repeat as top stockOctober 20, 2015
- Pasadena Livestock Show & RodeoSeptember 23, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Casey Martin breaks through in CodyAugust 17, 2015
- Freedom Rodeo And Old Cowhand ReunionAugust 17, 2015
- Diaz Sets Dodge City Round-Up Arena RecordAugust 3, 2015
- Kimzey has Good Time at Spanish ForkJuly 27, 2015
- Hardwick tops WCC Spanish Fork fieldJune 2, 2015
- Asay rides Frontier’s Dirty Cop to overall lead in bull riding at Buc Days RodeoApril 26, 2015
- Hermann thrills crowd to win barrel racing on final day of Buc Days Rodeo in Corpus ChristiApril 26, 2015
- Murphy, Breding finally tame Frontier bulls to lead going into weekend at Buc Days RodeoApril 25, 2015
- Frontier bulls steal spotlight on first day of Buc Days RodeoApril 24, 2015
- YMBL Championship Rodeo resultsMarch 28, 2015
- Outside the Arena -- True MaverickMarch 26, 2015
- Full Baggage has Young thinking about more travel (Southeastern Livestock Exposition results)March 22, 2015
- Spencer happily takes his Medicine in ArcadiaMarch 15, 2015
- Frontier Rodeo Co. building history with award-winning livestock; looks to Roswell May 15-16March 10, 2015
- Jerry Nelson's Frontier Rodeo Company Will Provide the World's Top Bucking Horses for THE AMERICANFebruary 28, 2015
- Semi-Finals crowns champions, names American qualifiersFebruary 28, 2015
- Andrews Rodeo dominates WNFR Top Stock AwardsDecember 23, 2014
- PRCA Bucking Stock of the Year AnnouncedOctober 20, 2014
- State Fair of Louisiana Accounts New Pro Rodeo Contract for 2014September 22, 2014
- Pasadena Livestock Show & Rodeo ResultsSeptember 18, 2014
- Pass, Bownds gain ground in PasadenaSeptember 18, 2014
- Results: XIT Rodeo & Reunion in Dalhart, TXAugust 11, 2014
- Sundell Finds Right Medicine in Dodge CityAugust 5, 2014
- Cody Stampede - Rodeo ResultsJuly 8, 2014
- Stall Rushes Toward Top with Big Night in CodyJuly 1, 2014
- Cody Wright Lets it Rip for 90 in MontgomeryMarch 15, 2014
- Frontier Rodeo Scores Big in Bucking Stock AwardsOctober 21, 2013
- Frontier Rodeo Featured in Buckin' Stock MagazineOctober 1, 2013
- World’s Top Rodeo and Bull Riding Champions to Compete for $2 Million Cash Payout in Richest One-Day Event in Western Sports HistoryAugust 22, 2013